Enjoying the weekend? It’s pretty hot out there, I’ve got no plans whatsoever to leave my room. I am lying on my bed, (too tired to plan an outfit post), surfing the internet for anything interesting (trust me the web carries a whole lot of horse crap at times) to read when I thought to look up on some random fun facts I never knew about…
I found some pretty cool facts and thought to share with you guys. Ain’t I the sweetest? So here’s a post on some random fun facts some of us didn’t know about… or maybe we did.
Did You Know?
- The ancient Greeks believed that Red Heads would turn into vampires after they died. No be lie.
- If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb. Errm, are we to store the farts in a jar?
- The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male’s head off. Now, that’s some fierce female mantis.
- The “Sixth Sick Sheik’s Sixth Sheep’s Sick” is the hardest tongue-twister. I didn’t even bother finding out.
- 1 x 8 + 1 = 9; 12 x 8 + 2 = 98; 123 x 8 + 3 = 987; 1234 x 8 + 4 = 9876; 12345 x 8 + 5 = 98765; 123456 x 8 + 6 = 987654; 1234567 x 8 + 7 = 9876543; 12345678 x 8 + 8 = 98765432; 123456789 x 8 + 9 = 987654321. See what they did there?
- In October 2015, a ‘floating city’ of what appeared to be tall buildings rose from the clouds above Foshan, China. After lasting only a few minutes, conspiracy theories ran rampant, but experts say that it’s a rare optical illusion called Fata Morgana. Well I wasn’t there.
- Starfish have no brains (I know some people like that too.)
- Butterflies taste with their feet. Gross.
- There is a town called Okay. It’s got a population of about 600 people. Oh I’d love to move there.
- A woman in China, partially lost her hearing after her boyfriend reportedly ruptured her eardrum with a passionate kiss. Apparently, the kiss reduced the pressure in the mouth, pulled the eardrum out, and caused the breakdown of the ear. He should be jailed.
“Monowi” is a town in Nebraska that has a population of 1; the Mayor pays taxes to herself. Ole…
- In 2005, in Africa, it was reported that three lions rescued a 12-year-old girl from kidnappers and guarded her for half a day until help came.
- A man with locked-in syndrome, named Jean-Dominique Bauby, wrote an entire book by blinking his left eyelid. Yet some of us stay whining…
- The average human will eat 8 spiders while asleep in their lifetime. I’m so duct taping my lips at night. But then again, I ain’t average. Lol.
- In space, astronauts cannot cry because there is no gravity. No comment.
- Scientists with high-speed cameras have discovered that rain drops are not tear shaped but rather look like hamburger buns.
- An octopus has 3 hearts. Still didn’t stop octopus Paul from dying.
Enjoy your weekend loves.