11 lessons learnt…
2017 was a pretty good year for me. Laced with highs and lows, lessons taught, lessons learned…
But all in all, the good times surpassed the lows so I’m good with that..
I decided to share some of the lessons I learnt this year before we replace all our calendars with 2018 ones.
Hoping someone somewhere can relate to them or be encouraged somehow.
11 Lessons Learnt…
1. Patience – I’d like to think that I’m a patient person naturally, but this year I learnt to be extra patient bidding my time while setting things in place.
Hardwork pays off… Eventually.
2. Friendships & Relationships – Are not to be forced. I lost a 10 year old friendship thinking I wouldn’t function without the person but I’ve been fine.
It wasn’t a healthy friendship & truth is, I’d rather a healthy circle of no friends than one filled with lies & deceit.
3. Seize Opportunities – Coming from one who used to procrastinate alot, I made it a point of duty to seize as many opportunities I could this year.
Highlight- I participated in the Vlisco master class and learnt so much plus made new friends.
4. Don’t Dwell – On things that could have been & things you can’t change. As clichè as it sounds, everything happens for a reason.
Learn from each situation you find yourself in. It helps shapen you.
5. Save for the rainy day – I cultivated the habit of saving more this year and I’m patting myself on the back for this.
Though most of it is gone now *covers face*, I’m glad I could save at all.
6. Laugh More – life as we know it has it’s trying times. So learn to embrace the good ones and laugh as often as you can.
7. Get out of your comfort zone – As comfy as it might be, it limits you. Challenge yourself to do more, to be more.
8. Forgive – Not just others but yourself. It helps you heal quicker. I wrote a post on healing here
9. Love – Truly and deeply. Regardless of past hurts, it’s okay to open your heart to another.
10. Plan & Execute – It’s one thing to plan & another to actually execute.
Set those awesome ideas into motion and watch them yield results.
11. Read – Equip yourself with knowledge not just in your field of interest but other aspects as well.
The mind is a beautiful thing to waste.
Happy new year loves!!!
Yay! I’m the first up. I hope… You sure did learn a lot this year. You have come a long way. We both have considering where we were at when I first made your acquaintance. I must say I’m proud of you, and this is beginning to sound funny. Thanks for sharing this. It’s an awesome read, very encouraging and you’re an awesome person. I wish you an amazing new year. Cheers!
Hiiii dear. Yes we have indeed both come a ling way. Thanks for reading dear a d happy new year.
You’re always welcome.
I learnt to take care of myself and it has been awesome.
That’s one good lesson. Well done!
My friend for years. It’s been an eventful year for us but I’ve seen how much progress you made this year and I’m truly proud of you. I believe the next will even be more awesome for us both, Cheers
Ooh indeed it’s been an eventful year for both of us. Thank you for always being there. And you know I’m super happy for you right? Cheers to the next year and the years after that. ❤
I’m happy you learnt a lot in 2017. True to that point about friendships, healthy relationships is all we need http://www.adagirl.com.ng
Thanks alot dearie. I’m sure you Learnt alot too. Cheers to 2018
You have done well, I must say. Meeting you was one of the highlights of 2017 for me. You are going places you know. Thank you for being awesome.
I was stretched, pushed and I grew. In summary I came, saw and conquered.
Thank you so so much. I’m happy I met you too and other amazing people. Cheers to 2018
Wonderful post…. I have picked up a few things I would like to work on. Looking forward to meeting you in person. ?
Hey Love. Thank you so much for reading my blog. I do hope you apply what you learnt from this post. I’m still eyeing your hair oo. love it.
Great read. It’s amazing how much growth can take place if we just allow it. I also lost a 10year old friendship last year as well, it was pretty hard initially but I’ve moved on and I learnt the same lesson. Things like love and friendship shouldn’t be forced. I also learnt that no matter how difficult it might seem, when something starts to get toxic to your life, you need to let it go completely. Thanks for sharing. Wish you a great year hun.
Indeed things like that shouldn’t be forced. Thanks for reading love