11 lessons learnt…
2017 was a pretty good year for me. Laced with highs and lows, lessons taught, lessons learned…
But all in all, the good times surpassed the lows so I’m good with that..
I decided to share some of the lessons I learnt this year before we replace all our calendars with 2018 ones.
Hoping someone somewhere can relate to them or be encouraged somehow.
11 Lessons Learnt…
1. Patience – I’d like to think that I’m a patient person naturally, but this year I learnt to be extra patient bidding my time while setting things in place.
Hardwork pays off… Eventually.
2. Friendships & Relationships – Are not to be forced. I lost a 10 year old friendship thinking I wouldn’t function without the person but I’ve been fine.
It wasn’t a healthy friendship & truth is, I’d rather a healthy circle of no friends than one filled with lies & deceit.
3. Seize Opportunities – Coming from one who used to procrastinate alot, I made it a point of duty to seize as many opportunities I could this year.
Highlight- I participated in the Vlisco master class and learnt so much plus made new friends.
4. Don’t Dwell – On things that could have been & things you can’t change. As clichè as it sounds, everything happens for a reason.
Learn from each situation you find yourself in. It helps shapen you.
5. Save for the rainy day – I cultivated the habit of saving more this year and I’m patting myself on the back for this.
Though most of it is gone now *covers face*, I’m glad I could save at all.
6. Laugh More – life as we know it has it’s trying times. So learn to embrace the good ones and laugh as often as you can.
7. Get out of your comfort zone – As comfy as it might be, it limits you. Challenge yourself to do more, to be more.
8. Forgive – Not just others but yourself. It helps you heal quicker. I wrote a post on healing here
9. Love – Truly and deeply. Regardless of past hurts, it’s okay to open your heart to another.
10. Plan & Execute – It’s one thing to plan & another to actually execute.
Set those awesome ideas into motion and watch them yield results.
11. Read – Equip yourself with knowledge not just in your field of interest but other aspects as well.
The mind is a beautiful thing to waste.
Happy new year loves!!!