I finally visited the Lekki Arts and crafts market on Thursday.
Also known as the Oba Elegushi international market, it is located at Oba Elegushi Street, Off Lekki-Epe express way (between 4th and 5th roundabout)…
I had heard and read so many reviews on the Lekki Arts and Craft market and that kind of heightened my expectations.
The road leading to the market is so bad and as a tourist attraction spot, it should be better (except that’s part of the plan & attraction lol).
Most of the stores stock the same items which was a bit disappointing. I hoped to see a wide range of items but oh well.
Here are some tips for shopping at the arts & crafts market.
- Keep an open mind.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Do not shop at the first stall. Go around the market, ask for prices this way you have an idea.
- For some reason they think people who come there are all foreigners and hike their prices, so please let them know you are a local.
- Bargain well. Don’t be shy or afraid. Call their bluff if need be by walking away. Some might call you back, some won’t.
- Enjoy yourself. Take in all the art works they are beautiful trust me.
- Do not feel pressured to go above your budget. You can always plan and return to the market.
Here are a few pictures I took. Enjoy
Lekki Arts And Crafts Market…
I was to go to the market with my blogger friend Lydia but it rained quite heavily and she couldn’t make it.
I ended up going with another buddie of mine Chubbs who is an amazing shopping companion.
Ever been to the arts & crafts market. What was your experience?